lundi 12 mai 2014

The cheapest addition to the chemical cabinet

It seems like every week, the telly is filled with advertisements for new cleaning products to help with scrubbing, for degreasing, for cleaning grout, lime, rust, etc.  It just gets exhausting trying to keep up with what works and what doesn’t.  Not to mention EXPENSIVE when you try out something new and it works just as well as the last bottle you threw out yesterday.  So, when I was visiting a friend last month and she started talking about her latest money saving tips, she caught my interest when she brought up that she doesn’t buy most of the general cleaning chemicals anymore. She has turned totally to using baking soda.  She gave me her copy of 1001 Uses and Properties of Baking Soda, by Health Publishing Company, and I was hooked within minutes.  I purchased my own copy the next day and have used it every week since.

Healthier, easier alternative

When we were growing up, we always had a box of baking soda in the fridge. My mother claimed it helped cut down on odors, which I realized to be true when I set out on my own.  But that is not the end to the uses of baking soda. As one can guess by the title, there are more than 1000 tips for the powder in this book alone, and, although I am sure that there are even more family tips and tricks that we all know, the book has done a marvelous job in compiling a variety and range of uses for this pantry staple.  All topics seem to be covered, from health and beauty, to home and car maintenance.  The Health Publishing Company has taken so much information and compiled it into one useful guide for those of us interested in living a cleaner and healthier, and more natural, state of existence.

Never be without a solution

From recipes for food and beauty, to tips for removing grease, sticky substances, and scaling without ruining or damaging surfaces, this book has tips, tricks, and pointers that are so easy to follow that anyone, even the most “un-handy” of handymen(women), can get into the solutions to our everyday household problems. This book is a must for any household library!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire